Review Detail

3.8 5 0.5
Lipgloss. Balms, Lip Plumpers October 14, 2010 202
New Rimmel Vinyl Lip Gloss in 290 Be Famous
Overall rating

Price

Quality

Effectiveness

I received this lip gloss for review in the colour “290 Be Famous” which is a bright coral colour with a hint of pink. I like the updated packaging which looks more modern and sleek than the old version. I also found that it didn’t leak when placed on its side which was a problem for me with the old packaging. The product itself is very glossy and not sticky at all. It made my lips look fuller but I found the gloss only lasted for 1.5 to 2 hours on my lips. The lip gloss colour is sheer and requires a heavy application to get anywhere near the colour in the bottle. My lips are quite pigmented and this gloss only give a hint of colour when used on its own. I tried it over a nude lipstick (MAC Hug Me) and this made the colour stand out more. I like this gloss because its comfortable to wear and doesn’t leave my lips feel dry and chapped afterward. It pairs well with darker eye makeup as it’s not too bright. It has a slight artificial sweet smell but it doesn’t bother me. For a “drugstore” lip gloss I think this product does very well. I certainly would repurchase this lip gloss in other colours.
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *